Home Energy platform upgrade lets users create their own dashboards
We have upgraded the Meniscus Calculation Engine (MCE) on our free-to-use Home Energy monitoring platform. We are phasing out of the existing Silverlight dashboard as it only runs on Internet Explorer over the next couple of months.
Example of an MCE real-time widget
This graph will update every 2 minutes.
New Widget graphs and getting your API key
The widgets let you easily create your own dashboards that you can configure yourselves.
To use the widgets you will need your API key which is the first 16 characters of the email address that you used to create your account with us. Please note a couple of things.
If you would like to change your API key please send a mail to [email protected] and quote the e-mail address you use for your Home Energy account
To create the widgets
- Go to the widget page
- In the “Create Widget – Enter API key” tab enter your API key
- Click Connect to Server
- In the “Create Widget – Meter Options” tab select the Items you want to display
- For the Real time data use Electricity use – channel 1. This is the RAW data type with units of W
- For the Half hour aggregated data for the three main channels then use Electricity use – channel 1 – HH. This is the CALC aggregated W data converted into kW
- You can add any other Item that you want to display
When you are ready – select the Output HTML. This will generate the iframe code that is can be pasted into any HTML web page to generate the graph displayed.
Create the Dashboard
Follow these steps to create an HTML dashboard with the widgets you have created. This will give you a lot more visibility for the Home Energy platform.
For more information on the MCE widgets click here
See an example of the MCE widget dashboard