Hyperlocal Rainfall is an add on to our core MAP Rain solution. Using the latest radar rainfall data it predicts the path of the every rain cell (1km x1km) every 5 minutes for the next hour. When new radar rainfall arrives (which is every 5 minutes) it creates another set of predictions so you get […]
Meniscus Systems have officially released the Hyperlocal Rainfall App onto iTunes.
Users can now download the app on:
Android – Google Play
iOS – iTunes
The simple-to-use ‘Hyperlocal Rainfall’ App uses GPS location for point-to-point journeys, to provide highly-localised rainfall predictions for imminent time-windows, allowing users to plan their journeys. Using the App allows them to undertake healthy activities, to save wasted time or dress appropriately – making life better – by using constantly shifting and updated detailed data to predict localized rainfall and rain-free periods. The App can help answer questions such as:
- Can I cycle or do I have to drive?
- Will it rain soon and save me watering the garden or
- do I need to get the hose out?
- Can I walk the dog now, or a bit later, and avoid ‘wet dog’ syndrome?
- Can I walk or cycle now without getting soaked?
- Can I leave my raincoat at home or should I take it?
- Is it OK to put the washing out?
- Is today the right day to fix the roof?
- Do we have a BBQ today?
The main benefits from using the Hyperlocal Rainfall:
- Predictions are based on actual rainfall that is updated every 5 minutes so they are accurate
- Allows users to skip forward in time to see if they can delay their Journey start
- Users can see the predicted rainfall along the course of their Route
- Can create specific Hyperlocal Hotspots for any Council. This ‘opens’ a window around an area so that anyone can use the app in this area. Specifically created for Councils and Smart Cities so that the app remains free to residents.
- All API based so information can be readily integrated into your own platforms/services
+44 (0) 1480 433714
Huntingdon Business Centre,